Subscribe Us

Responsive Advertisement

Advertisement

JENNIFER HUDSON'S ALBUM TO BE RELEASED IN SEPTEMBER....

According to Billboard, Jennifer Hudson's long-awaited debut album is set to drop on September 30th via Arista. Huh? I thought she was signed to J Records. Or is Arista an extension of J records? Someone clue me in on that one. Anyway, it's good she's finally set a date. In R&B, it's become a fashionable trend to set release dates only to take them back again. Back in January, I reported to you how Jennifer has Ryan 'Alias' Tedder and Timbaland on board to work on her debut. If you didn't catch that, read it here where I first broke the news.

I can't really say I'm all that hyped about a Jennifer Hudson album. Beyonce? Yes. Ciara? yes. Cassie? Dare I say it, but yes. Jennifer Hudson? No. If she was smart, she would have done what Beyonce did and release an album to coincide with Dreamgirls as well as her Oscar glory.

It's good she didn't rush it out but Jennifer is NOT Beyonce and NEEDS some type of marketing ploy because she doesn't have Beyonce's star power to push units alone and there hasn't been much hype surrounding her project. In fact, it seems she's been forgotten about already. With her Sex & The City movie set to rake in those box office numbers, they can start by playing their cards right using it to get the ball rolling.

Post a Comment

0 Comments