Subscribe Us

Responsive Advertisement

Advertisement

CASSIE'S ALBUM GETS PUSHED BACK TO EARLY 2009 & STILL DENIES FUCKING FOR CHEQUES.....OR SHOULD THAT BE TRACKS?

Rap-Up have reported that Cassie's forthcoming album has been pushed back to early 2009. I remember when her album was scheduled to come out last year in October 2007 and now it won't be out until 2009! This has got to be the longest pushback since Mya's 'Liberation' and Mario's 'GO!' but at least Mario eventually released his project. This isn't a good look for Cassie. And if she's not careful, her project may not even see the light of day especially if her second single doesn't deliver the goods. Why don't she listen to folk when they told her to release 'Thirsty'? (Billboard even reported it as a contender for lead single). Even '2 The Morning' was a sure-fire banger. 'Official Girl' is way too bland and not really all that radio-savvy. Anyway, good looks and overly revealing photoshoots can only get you so far in this industry. I mean vocally, she is on the same level as Britney Spears but at least Britney can dance her ass off and wow crowds. Cassie can't even do that so what exactly is she good at apart from looking good in a magazine spread showing lots of skin? Still, her video 'Official Girl' will premiere on August 22nd on 'FNMTV' Read on for more.

In her latest Complex interview, she addresses those rumours about sleeping with P.Diddy, Ryan Leslie and industry folk to get along. She says: "I don't f*** for checks–I'd rather live on the street." It is also believed that her single 'Official Girl' is a marketing ploy to cash in on the P.Diddy rumours but she denies that as well: "It wasn't planned. It was just a song I really loved that I heard. Nobody will ever know who 'Official Girl' is about. They think it's about certain people but it's not. Anything that happens in my personal life is personal. I never actually put anything out there. Nobody's really known who I've dated". And she'll forever be scrutinised for being EXTREMELY vocally challenged but she's aware of it: "Based on my past and how my last album came out, I really need to come back much much stronger, I wanted to have more personality. I really want to tell a story when I'm doing a song. Vocally, either you like my voice or you don't. I'm not trying to blow like Mariah, back when she was doing that".

And why is that every light skinned singer has a "tragic mulatto" or "folks hated on my high yella ass" story? Beyonce had one. Rihanna had one. And now Cassie: "What's funny about it is, when I was growing up, I wasn't confused. I knew exactly what I was. My dad's Filipino, my mom is Mexican, West Indian and black–I'm a little melting pot. In school, you were either black or white. Being Asian really wasn't anything until I got to high school and was modeling all the time, and it was important because it intrigued people. Black people definitely didn't claim me before. They were like, 'Light skinned over there, she's just not for us.' It's all perception. The other day, I was at the drugstore and this girl in line was like, 'She's next, the white girl.' I’m not white. I'm not even close." Heard it all before but since she felt the need to share.....I say another one bites the dust.....

Post a Comment

0 Comments