Subscribe Us

Responsive Advertisement

Advertisement

SOLANGE: "I'M STRICTLY DICKLY" // ♫ SOLANGE: FUCK THE INDUSTRY (SIGNED SINCERELY) [NEW SONG]....

Solange is featured in Blender magazine's "Who Does She Think She Is?" last page segment. Check out the shocking but hilarious interview below:



Solange definitely has a charismatic and bold sense of humour. You wouldn't believe she's the sister of superstar Beyonce who's interviews are as entertaining as watching a bird taking a shit from the rooftops. I laughed when she was asked about her sexual orientation and she blatantly said "I'm strictly dickly". She practically said EXACTLY what I would have said. Our attitudes are just so similar. I think I have a new-found respect for Solange because we are seeing the REAL Solange. None of that fake "Ooooh I'm all candy floss and toffee apples me". I like how she keeps it real. When Beyonce was asked about what she thought of the Britney and Madonna lesbian kiss a few years ago at the MTV VMA's, I remember Beyonce saying "I don't kiss girls" before claiming that her religion wouldn't approve, which got Gay activists onto that ass. Why couldn't she just say "I'm strictly dickly" dammit?

Solange's openess and I-don't-give-a-fuck attitude is further displayed on a brand new mixtape song called 'Fuck The Industry (Signed Sincerely)':

In the song, Solange shows her disdain towards an industry trying to change her into something she's not. The song samples Kanye West's 'Everything I Am'. She has a blog called HADLEY STREET JOURNAL and here's what she wrote about the song: "Unfortunately I'm in an industry where diversity is not celebrated the way it should be. When some people see and hear something different it feels foreign to them and they don't like that. Everyone has a choice of what they like and that's a beautiful thing! But record labels, managers, publicist, journalist, media etc… have a tendency to see something work and try to reciprocate that with another artist thinking that's what makes success. To me what makes success is letting people be truly who they are.

When I heard Kanye's 'Everything I Am', I instantly fell in love. I felt my story somewhere in his. I felt his frustration yet acceptance of who he was. So I decided to put my own little twist on it!"

Recently Solo blogged about the youtube video that I posted earlier this week, and she wrote about her first ever video blog: "Since folks seem to get their panties and briefs in a bunch when they see my dry sense of humor. I released a you tube clip this week (26th or something most viewed this week ) and I think its hilarious that people think I was under the influence of some sort. Ya Ya Woopsie Guys. If I was high, guess I was high off life or ghost dust on the set. hehehehe. Anyways....I know this blender piece will provoke that disposition even more. When you see me getting carried out of the club (or going to one for that matter these days) or stumbling out of a bar, then get worried. Its called HUMOR people, find a sense of one and get used to me having one.

Ps: Feels good to be in London where saying Fuck is perfectly London. I can even say it on T.V..... can u believe it?" - Solange.

Post a Comment

0 Comments