Subscribe Us

Responsive Advertisement

Advertisement

RIHANNA GIVES BEYONCE ANOTHER REASON TO RESPECT HER.....

Rebel pop starlet Rihanna has name dropped Beyonce, Ciara, Christina Milian and Mariah Carey for looking too 'cliche' with their image whilst she did a major U-Turn with hers by defying her record label.



She tells the UK's Guardian:

"I felt like the whole world had long, curly, flowy blonde hair. Ciara, Beyonce, Mariah, Christina Milian. Everybody wanted to be like everybody else. So I cut my hair and they made me put my long hair back in as extensions. The second time, I didn't have any discussions, nothing. I just cut it, I dyed it black, I went into the studio making music my way. I found myself all at once. I like things strong, edgy, a little to the left. I don't like things that are expected - nothing cliched. When I first started, I didn't know anything. I didn't really have a say. The second album, I got a little more freedom". I applaud her for stepping outside of the box and making a change especially since a lot of R&B chicks have stuck with the same tired ass look for years. To me she comes across as a more polished Fefe Dobson. Rihanna also contributed to popularizing Black Pop music into the force that it is today. You can't deny that Umbrella was really catchy with an edge.

Post a Comment

0 Comments