Subscribe Us

Responsive Advertisement

Advertisement

R&B SINGERS OUT & ABOUT.....

Ciara has been keeping herself locked up in the recording studio over the last couple of months and this week, she finally came out of hiding after yet another recording session. The 22-year-old R&B songstress was spotted on July 24th, in New York City with her beloved dog Tyson as she departed Focus studio's. Apparently, she was putting the finishing touches to forthcoming album 'Fantasy Ride' which is due out this fall:



The last time we saw Ciara was when she was getting down and dirty with Chris Brown at the 2008 BET Awards during a sizzling hot performance of 'Take You Down'. I don't even like dogs but her little pet is cute. Maybe because it doesn't look like a damn dog but a man-made cuddly animal from Toys R Us. Ciara looked chilled as she posed it up for the paps. It is also reported that her musical journey will begin in August so I'm taking it we'll be hearing the official first single very soon. Ciara has also shown disdain towards High Price prematurely leaking online: "High Price," featuring Ludacris, and the uptempo dance song "Work" are both in contention for debut single. ("High Price" has already been leaked online. "My feelings were so hurt, because I wanted to present that track to the fans the right way," Ciara says). And it's not looking too good on the movie front either because her first acting debut won't even get silver screen credit. 'Mama I Want To Sing' is going straight to DVD, but I only care about the music and for some reason I wasn't getting any vibes that the movie would be any good anyway. Every time I hear about an R&B singer venturing into movies I always get skeptical because they don't have the years of training, experience and skills that is obtained by a REAL actor. Though, the last R&B singer to really impress me was the late Aaliyah in 'Romeo Must Die', who also happens to be one of Ciara's inspirations. I actually went out and saw that movie twice in one weekend. But I can't really say that about many R&B singers these days.

The big 4.0 is nearly looming for Jennifer Lopez as she celebrated her 39th birthday this week at New York District Broadway where she went to see "in the heights":



According to her hubby Marc Anthony, they had a blast. Still, time flies. She was only 28 when she first started dating Diddy. It seems like only yesterday.....

Tatyana Ali attended the 9th Annual New York International Latino Film Festival in New York City, NY on July 25th:



Tatyana has been on a roll lately. I don't know what this chick has been doing to herself but she needs to keep on with it. Chick has been looking fab and youthful lately and she's now 29 - which is still young I must add - but it's been EXACTLY 10 years since she hit the music scene with 'Daydreamin'. I loved that damn 'Kiss The Sky'. The memories. I'd just left school, Britney Spears got huuuge with 'Hit Me Baby One More Time', Destiny's Child with 'No No No', Mya with 'Ghetto Supastar' etc etc. '98 was the business. I'm starting to see Ashley Banks all over again.

Usher attended the launch party for the 'uCast' podcast series at Tiffany & Co. in his native Atlanta this weekend:



Usher was looking mad sharrrp. I don't think he's hot physically BUT there's always something sexy about a man who knows how to spend his money on a sharp outfit. A man who knows how to dress gets me every time.

It's also noted that 'What's Ur Name' is set to be the 3rd single off Usher's 'Here I Stand' and not his 'His Mistakes'. It's definitely a better choice.

Fergie and her fiance Josh hit up Slash's Birthday Concert at Bare Pool & Lounge at The Mirage Hotel in Vegas:




Her B.E.P band mate Will.i.am was there too. Chick is always on her knees it's no wonder she hasn't caught a bout of rug burn yet. I see she's making those skin tight dominatrix leather a trademark thing now. At least they're good for hiding a sweaty, pissy and sticky vagvag, even if she couldn't mask those armpits. Pff!

Post a Comment

0 Comments