Subscribe Us

Responsive Advertisement

Advertisement

TATYANA ALI TALKS NEW ALBUM & MOVIE....

It's been a whole decade since child-star Tatyana Ali burst onto the music scene with her debut album 'Kiss The Sky' via MJJ Music. When someone departs the music scene for so long, one can often assume that because things didn't work out or they didn't get the success they'd hoped for, they go back to living a regular life. And I'm talking about "working at a Burger King cashier" type of regular - a reality far-fetched from the glitzy and glamorous lifestyle they were introduced to, once-up-on a time ago. And because they gave up school and education at such a young age, thinking they'll hit the big time and get rich, when all goes downhill, they have NOTHING to go back to. Tatyana however, sensibly chose to go back to Harvard university, but now she's ready to be thrust back into the limelight once again now that she has a forthcoming album and movie in the works. In an interview she did with KING, she talks about the new album which is entitled 'The Light'. Tatyana plans to release the new album independently. Read more after the cut.

You're still dropping a new album.
I found my voice with this album, The Light. I can never stop singing. Remember, I recorded my first album when I was 16, and other people wrote most of the songs. I really wanted the next album that I did to express who I am. And the only way I can do that is to write it myself. So in that sense, I found my voice.

Did you also recruit a gaggle of producers like last time?
No, I finally paired up with a producer named Johnny J, who has sold 100 million albums worldwide and is responsible for a lot of 2Pac’s music.

She is also coming out with a new violent flick called 'Hotel California' and is also a surrogate for the Barack Obama campaign. You can read the full interview here. When someone disappears from music for so long, it can be quite difficult to put yourself back on the map again especially since the industry has become so fickle over the years. Still, I like Tatyana. She's that chick. Good luck to her on that.

Post a Comment

0 Comments