Subscribe Us

Responsive Advertisement

Advertisement

THE DREAM & TRICKY STEWART DISCUSS WORKING WITH BEYONCE ON HER NEW ALBUM.....

A couple of months ago, it was confirmed that The Dream and Tricky Stewart (the duo behind Rihanna's monster hit 'Umbrella') were drafted to work on Beyonce's new album. Here's what was said about the production process in a very recent interview:
THE-DREAM & TRICKY STEWART INTERVIEW
Posted on 30 Aug 2008 by Ewe
DJ Booth: Discuss the pressure of having to always meet and then exceed the expectations that you guys have created for yourselves with the hit records.

The-Dream: I think the pressure’s actually moreso on Trick than it is on me, because he actually understands the industry. I really don’t care. I’m already tryin’ to be great, and I’m probably three or four steps ahead of wherever you are. Trick’s job is fooling the artists that don’t really buy into the system of what we do, [that] they could be goin’ a little slower than they should be, or [who] take a little longer to get to the hit, even though he knows exactly how to get to it. Beyonce is crazy – Beyonce will get in and say, “Y’all do what y’all do – I’m gonna sing,” and it takes somebody great to do that. It takes somebody great to know that you’re just as good at your job as she is at hers. I would never go to her stage performance, and even when she was writing “Lights Out,” back in the day, and say, “This is how you do it.” I’d never do it when she’s in her element, and I’m hiring her to do a certain thing. So, when you’re hiring us, how I think of it is, you’re hiring me to do something great. That’s what I’m here to do. I’m not here to take your money and go chill on the beach and go buy a new car – I’m here to do something great. And most of the time artists don’t understand that.
Talk is cheap. I just want the single to leak so we can all hear it for ourselves. As for the album, I'm hearing Jay-Z may not appear. After a while it becomes too cliche having Jay-Z appear on all of her lead singles. It is also noted that Beyonce is part of a star-studded lineup at the 2008 Bermuda Music Festival this October including Alicia Keys. The four-day festival kicks off on October 1st at the Fairmont Southampton Beach Club.

Post a Comment

0 Comments