Subscribe Us

Responsive Advertisement

Advertisement

R&B SINGERS OUT & ABOUT.....

Jennifer Hudson paid a visit to 106 & Park earlier this week in NYC, where she did further promo for her new album which was released this week. It appeared that Jen was doing everything she could to show off her blingin' engagement ring:



After the last set of hideous pictures, I have to say Jen scrubs up pretty well. But um, never allow somebody to see your wig lining. It's never a good look when you can see the real hair tucked underneath. Other than that, she looked good. Then again, she did put in an appearance on TV. She was seen making her departure from the 106 studio's and seems all smitten at her engagement: "It was a big deal… I got a beautiful ring and I got him. I had no clue at all… We went to the beach during the day and he blindfolded me… and he gave me a purple shovel, because purple's my favorite color… and I had to dig. I ended up digging through all this sand. When I found it, it was like a bunch of beautiful cards… one related to the other, and the last one said, ‘Look around, take the moment in, turn around and I have a gift for you". SOURCE. That purple shovel will surely come in handy when she'll need to do further digging of her own one day. Things just seem to be happening waaay too fast. And no one is questioning why her relationship with regular ole boy came to an end considering that he was there before the fame and all. But date a suspect negro for less than a year and you're ready to commit. Something's not quite right there but congrats once again.

Keyshia Cole performed a gig at the Heineken Red Star Soul event this week, and looking really good in the process:



So when are we going to hear this new single? I've read countless times that Keyshia's album is set for a late 2008 release but we're in October now and Christmas is 11 weeks away. Wow, did I just say 11 weeks? I think I just did. Anyway, on the forthcomig project, Keyshia has worked with Rodney 'Darkchild' Jerkins, as well as songwriter Sean Garrett on the new album. In a recent interview, Keyshia says her new album will be more uplifting than the heartbreak music we're use to hearing.

Mary J. Blige and Musiq Soulchild were seen shooting their brand new video 'If You Leave' in New York:



I love that song and I'm glad it's getting the single treatment. The track is featured on Musiq's forthcoming album 'On My Radio' which is set to drop on November 25th.

Yesterday, Solange Knowles was spotted in Paris enjoying the nightlife. She has been in the city of Fashion and Romance to participate in the festivities surrounding Paris Fashion Week' 08:



Seems she's over the fact that her latest album 'Solange & The Hadley Street Dreams' isn't doing so well chart-wise. After being released 5 weeks ago, she's strugging to even hit the 100k mark. Being Beyonce's lil sis was never going to be easy....

Usher was also spotted in Paris this week for Paris Fashion Week' 08:



Usher's latest album 'Here I Stand' may not have been the business but he certainly brought on the sexual swagger that made him who he is today in that new video of his. Only a video as good as 'Trading Places' can make you wanna have sex straight afterwards, lol.

Yesterday, Bad Boy artists Day 26 hit up the BBC Radio 1 studio's in London:



It seems they're trying to launch themselves over here. I'm not quite sure if they'll be a success in the UK. I can't even remember the last time we had a young black male R&B group dominate the chart. Not since Damage anyway. But I'd like to see them achieve over-the-pond success because they're really talented....

Post a Comment

0 Comments