Subscribe Us

Responsive Advertisement

Advertisement

DEBORAH COX NEW 'SINGLE' & 'ALBUM' INFO....

Deborah Cox's new studio album 'The Promise' will be released in November. It will be her first studio album in six years. The album will be released via Deco Recording Group/Image Entertainment.

The
Big Jim Wright-produced first single, 'Did You Ever Love Me?,' is said to be a poignant, soulful slow-burning R&B song which reflects on a relationship that has just ended. The song which impacts radio in August will be available for sale at iTunes and other digital retailers on August 26th. The song can be previewed now at www.deborahcox.com and www.myspace.com/deborahcox.

The new album features production by an all-star team of collaborators, including
John Legend, Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis, Big Jim Wright, Shep Crawford, Devo Springsteen and the Avila Brothers. Here's what Deborah said about the forthcoming project:
"The R&B fans were the first to embrace me and help me get to where I am today," says Deborah. "I have been fortunate enough to be able to explore other genres of music, but I really missed doing R&B and thought it was time to return to it."

Some of the tracks to be featured on the album include, "
All Over Me" ("It's a very sexy song. I think it will surprise people because it explores a level of sensuality that I've never expressed in a song before," Cox says); "Beautiful U R," a mid-tempo uplifting track discussing self-love and acceptance; and "The Promise," a beautiful, simple ballad describing where Deborah is today in her life ("It's all about commitment to myself, my family, friends and those who have supported and been there for me," she says).
I am just relieved that Deborah has gone back to her R&B roots. I didn't particularly enjoy her Big Band tribute album 'Destination Moon' (to the late Jazz/Blues singer Dinah Washington). Although songs like 'Smoke Gets In Your Eyes' and 'Look To The Rainbow' were cool due to showcasing those powerhouse vocals she doesn't really give as good as she's got, and for the most part, her voice compliments R&B the best. Thanks for the info Stormz.

Meanwhile, check out the Letoya Luckett post for a brand new update.

Post a Comment

0 Comments