Subscribe Us

Responsive Advertisement

Advertisement

♫ NE-YO: 'ROSE' & 'FADE INTO THE BACKGROUND' [NEW SONGS]....

Two songs have leaked from Ne-yo's latest recording sessions for forthcoming project 'Year of the Gentlemen' (out September 16th). The songs are called 'Rose' and 'Fade Into The Background', which can be heard after the fold.



Rose is produced by Jack Splash and he sings in an annoying falsetto on the track. I only approve if you're Robin Thicke but for Ne-yo it just doesn't work. As for the song itself, it's definitely different. It sounds like Cowboy music to me. Yee-haaaa! Or should I say Cowboy music combined with R&B? Slightly catchy but pretty underwhelming for a Ne-yo track.

I'm not too sure who produced 'Fade Into The Background' but I'm quite liking the midtempo R&B cut. It's pretty smooth and I can see Usher killing this (in a good way of course). Still, Ne-yo did the song great justice all the same and it's more suiting towards the musical style that he first launched himself with.

I respect his play on different musical genres though but Ne-yo has yet to come hard with any project since his flawless debut. I'm not really checking for his album since I've heard a good majority of it and wasn't impressed. But Ne-yo for the most part is doing Ne-yo pretty well and he's still doing his thang on the songwriting front. Too bad he acted like an ass towards Beyonce and the 'Irreplaceable' situation. It may have costed him one of the hottest album gigs of the year.

♫ NE-YO: 'ROSE'


♫ NE-YO: 'FADE INTO THE BACKGROUND'

Post a Comment

0 Comments